Sunday 3 October 2010

Liverpool trip to the biennial

To be honest I wasn't a massive fan of the day not because of the awful weather but because of  contemporary art not much of it inspired my like it was meant to, but there was a few pieces like the mirror on the roof reflecting the painting of faces that was on the floor that was pretty amazing, there was a few others that I did enjoy but in those places i wasn't aloud to take photographs one was of the room full of ribbon which has given me an idea of what I want to try and get a photo shoot out of my idea is to get ribbon and put it onto a hair clip or bobble and have the ribbon attached onto the wall and also have it on wristbands so the model is also connected to the floor, giving the ribbon a hard sense of feeling making it an opposite because ribbon is made out to be really girlie. so the exhibition has inspired me in somewhat but I didn't really enjoy it as much as I would have thought. but i really enjoyed the Beatles exhibition we went to with all the portraiture images this is what made me go wow this is amazing work plus being able to work with one of the most influential bands in the work that must have been one great experience. 


here are a few of the things that we saw 
   this one by NS Harsha its called sky gazers this is one of the pieces that I enjoyed the mirror reflection making it look like there is more people painted people than there is :D




















 














this is another one that I like I'm not to sure who it was by but when I find out I will put up the name, the reason why i like the idea of this is the way that they use thread to and then made them all attached to each other I found it quite funky, its something that I would never have thought of but I think it was well put together and this is one part of where I got my idea to have the ribbon attached and hopefully will be connected to the models hair and arms.

So there are a couple I enjoyed when I can find the image of the ribbon room I will post up a link where my idea has come from and hopefully a week on Wednesday I will have the my final images shorted and will add them on to show you how the shoot has gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment