Friday 19 November 2010

Erwin Olaf

okay so last night was a bit of a bummer as half way my post my internet cuts off :( it becoming a real problem, so I am now in the library trying to get this done. So before i was rudely disconnected ff of the internet, I found a photographer that I really enjoy looking at found him last and just couldn't believe how twisted but so doll like his work is.
he was born in the neverlands in 1959, and currently lives and works in Amsterdam where his studio is in a former church hall. he started photography mixing both studio and documentary, he emerged his work in 1988 when his series 'chessmen' was awarded the first prize in the Young European Photographer competition.
his early work in documentary style black and white then gradually introduced color and then digital manipulation. his most famous exhibition being Royal Blood (2000): minimalist white-on-white portraits, depicting the vengeful nature of members of the aristocracy who have suffered unsavory deaths. this project has to be my favourite out of his portfolio but saying that the other stuff is amazing here are some of the images of the Royal Blood portfolio. I am going to carry on looking into more of his work and there may be more post and ideas :)








link to web site :) http://www.erwinolaf.com/#/portfolio/







No comments:

Post a Comment